One of the many things I love about my job is the way I am pushed and challenged. A fun challenge of fall 2014 was to generate a list of “What if we were a school…”
- who replaced quarterly progress reports with real-time demonstrations of, reflections on, and feedback for learning?
- who did not have faculty meetings, only instructional rounds debriefs and professional learning?
- who replaced yearly reviews with FOLIO?
- who didn’t group students by the year they were born?
- who had an opt-in school within a school to practice innovation?
- whose “world language” was coding?
I hope to continue to add to this list.